she found me online. we are local to each other, so she was able to come into my shop in person with a small repair to start. As we began to chat, she told me about a bag of jewelry sitting in her jewel box. aha – that is right in my wheelhouse – “bring it all in!” I said.
in her lot of jewelry was
- her original engagement ring not fitting her finger any longer
- her wedding band, also needing to be resized
- a ring that had a diamond center that was long gone
first of all, we decided the wedding band resize was a “must do.”
she also liked my idea to take her brilliant cut diamond from her original engagement ring and set it into ring #3 which was also an engagement-style ring. for that i used a 4-prong wire basket in a style we both liked.
she is a scientist and works outdoors, and she uses her hands a lot. i did not want the center stone to be too high, and as her wedding band is a simple barrel style, this fancier ring worked really well design-wise. (Unfortunately, I don’t have a photo of the two rings – they work really well together.) the engagement-style ring was assembled, refinished and looks fabulous!
her husband is very happy. she is once again wearing her wedding band (resized) plus her original engagement diamond in a ring he purchased for her several years ago.
- 14k white gold engagement ring has tapered diamond baguettes on each shoulder and the center is a round brilliant cut diamond.
- location: West Hartford, CT