she lost her original oval brilliant cut diamond in her engagement ring. luckily the ring was insured.
what to do? what to do? what to do?! do not panic! here is how we handle getting jewelry fixed and ready to wear with insurance monies. of course to insure ones engagement ring or any jewelry, you would have had an appraisal to determine the value prior to getting the correct insurance policy coverage.
be patient… it’s a process…
you call the insurance agent to report the damaged or lost jewelry
- the agent sends the information about the claim with the appraisal to an insurance adjustor
- you call the insurance agent to report the damaged or lost jewelrythe agent sends the information about the claim with the appraisal to an insurance adjustor
- the adjustor contacts a jeweler (me) to quote how much to “get the insured whole again” (yep, that is a legal insurance term!)
- i quote based upon the information contained in the appraisal on which your policy was based. my job is to get you whole again, to find the correct diamonds and to estimate the cost of the repairs for insurance approval.
- you can then decide to use the company’s jeweler or you own. well, you can tell them you want to use your own jeweler (me) but the insurance company may have a service they use and does not allow the choice. (i also get insurance work through insurance adjustor recommendations; some agents are aware of great reputation for repair services.)
- i, the jeweler performs the work – does the magic. for this ring the center diamond was missing, but the mounting also has four round brilliant cut diamonds, two on either side of the center stone, that had to be accounted for.
- you are thrilled to get your ring back!
- at the end for payment, i bill the company directly or the you pay the jeweler at time of pick up because if the insurance company sends the check to the you.
the repaired platinum classic engagement ring pictured had round brilliant cut diamonds set in shared prongs. the new oval brilliant cut diamond is in a six-prong center set. the client was a lovely person, who had a lovely original diamond. although it was sadly lost, i was able to find her an equally beautiful stone – smiles all around.
location: Avon, CT